Our mission is to entertain, educate and inspire our readers by producing excellent editorial, uncovering and sharing the stories behind mosaic and glass artists and their art. It will primarily focus on contemporary art. Published in Scotland, the magazine contains stories from the UK and across the world in our international community. Every issue will contain interviews, features, columns, technical and business tips, and a competition.
While each issue of the magazine will contain a regular feature containing technical tips, and artists may discuss their techniques during interviews and articles, the magazine isn’t technically focused. Nowadays, there are many brilliant opportunities to learn mosaic and glass art techniques both face-to-face and online. Instead, our focus is on the people, their inspirations and the stories behind their art. The magazine also has a business angle, supporting professional artists and hobbyists who might be considering a side hustle or a transition into a full-time art career.
You can choose how you want to read the magazine
We undertook research to find out our readers’ preferred format for reading the magazine. 49% of respondents said they wanted to have all three options – print, digital (pdf) and website/online – so that they can choose how and when to read the magazine; 41% said they’d like a printed copy only, and 10% said they’d like an online/digital format only. So we’re providing you with all three options:
- A high-quality printed magazine four times each year. It will be a limited print run, so please make sure to pre-order or subscribe to get your copy. When you buy an annual print subscription, you automatically get access to the digital/page-turning PDF and our online format too.
- A digital/page-turning PDF version of the printed magazine, which you can read on a device of your choice wherever you are in the world. Get access to the latest issue as soon as it’s published.
- A fully responsive and immersive online format, which means that you can read the articles, along with extra images, videos and audio, on a device of your choice, wherever you are in the world. You can enjoy all the content from the print edition of the magazine in an easy-to-navigate online format – a similar format to what you might already be used to if you read newspaper websites. You’ll also benefit from expanded digital-only content such as extra images, videos and audio features. And, with the online format, you can also translate the articles into your preferred language using the Google Translate function. Although Google Translate isn’t 100% perfect for translations, we make sure our writing is clear and simple (because that’s the way we like to do things anyway!) so that it maximises the chances of a more accurate translation. Get access to the latest issue as soon as it’s published.
Our research shows that the majority of our readers (72%) are artists. And there’s a very even, split between glass and mosaic artists of almost exactly 50:50. Similarly, the split between hobbyists and professionals is approximately 50:50. And some of our readers are hobbyists looking to change to a full-time career in art. You all told us that you want a magazine that inspires, educates and supports you in your hobbies or businesses, and that is exactly what we’re here to do! The remaining 28% of readers are gallery owners, curators and collectors. They’re interested in finding out more about mosaic and glass art and artists, and also to help inform them in their buying and curation choices.
Our readers span the UK and many other countries across the world, enabled by our digital and website options for reading the magazine.
Our publication schedule
Our code of ethics
- We commit to getting our facts right. We strive for accuracy and verify facts using reliable sources.
- We are inclusive. We include a variety of opinions from artists and hobbyists, along with other people who work within wider industry that integrates with mosaic and glass art.
- We are accountable. If we make a mistake, we put it right as soon as possible and make an apology if necessary.
- We act with empathy. We’re aware of the potential impact of writing on other people’s lives.
- We produce original content.
Advertising & sponsorship
We welcome advertising and sponsorship, which helps us cover our operating costs and pay journalists and other experts to create a high-quality magazine for you. We’ll only ever accept advertisers and sponsors with products or services that are relevant for mosaic and glass artists.